"The glacier knocks in the cupboard, The desert sighs in the bed, And the crack in the teacup opens A lane to the land of the dead."

-W.H. Auden

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Victoria Phantasmagoria, Out-Of Town Edition





I was very pleased to be in Austin this week. It's the only place I've ever really felt happy. Between the crowds for SXSW and the very fact that the place is purposely arty, it was hard to take many pictures that were satisfactory. It's ironic. There is so much to draw the eye, I couldn't focus on one thing. My usual method of looking for something amongst a lot of nothing did not work here.

Never mind the pictures, though, my companions and I had a lovely time. It was such a relief to feel normal. It was nice to be in a place where people smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment