"The glacier knocks in the cupboard, The desert sighs in the bed, And the crack in the teacup opens A lane to the land of the dead."

-W.H. Auden

Thursday, April 12, 2012

More Fun At The Bookstore



Hey, wasn't there something in the Bible about "putting off adornments"? And how your jewels and finery won't save you from the Judgement Of God etc.? Well, perhaps they thought this didn't count because the Bible doesn't say anything specifically about not putting sequins on the actual Bible.

I don't even want to think about the look the pastor would have given me had I walked into school with one of these. At any rate, I'm imagining a lot of "nyah nyah, my Word Of God is sparklier that your Word Of God!" happening at Sunday school.

Also, I refuse to even comment on the Young American Patriot's Bible standing next it.

No comments:

Post a Comment