"The glacier knocks in the cupboard, The desert sighs in the bed, And the crack in the teacup opens A lane to the land of the dead."

-W.H. Auden

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Mementos

It's been a long time since I've posted, months and months. Not because I haven't wanted to; it's just the circumstances of my life have been too difficult to allow for blogging. It's been a hard slog and that's no lie. It's hard not to lose oneself in the middle of so many demands. But maybe making an effort will do some good. While poking around in the storage shed, I found these sketches in a drawer. I made them a couple of years ago and while I didn't want to throw them away at the time, I didn't think much of them - hence the bottom-of-the-drawer treatment. Looking at them now, they don't seem so bad. Not perfect by any means, but kind of cute in an off-beat way. At any rate, it's nice to find a memento from happier times.

2 comments:

  1. Very Goreyesque! This is why you should never wad things up and throw things away when you look at them with disgust right after you make them. Everything seems awful right after you make it.

    Glad to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Peni! Thanks for your comment. It's hard not to imitate Gorey when I like his style so much, haha. Plus, doing all that crosshatching is satisfying in an obsessive/compulsive sort of way. :D

      Things have been really tough lately, but hopefully I can get back to a bit more "normal" life soon.

      I hope your writing is going well.

      Delete