"The glacier knocks in the cupboard, The desert sighs in the bed, And the crack in the teacup opens A lane to the land of the dead."

-W.H. Auden

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Two Little Ghosts


There is a story that's supposed to go with this picture, but I don't have permission to write it yet. What I can tell you is that a dozen years ago, I had a very strange dream. I stepped outside into a whirl of blowing leaves, and when the leaves scattered on the sidewalk, there was a painting of two faces there. It seemed like I should know them, but somehow I didn't know them at all. The second thing I can tell you is that only one of the faces is a ghost.

2 comments:

  1. Who do you need permission from - the ghost, the other, or yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peni.
    Permission from the other. I was only a minor character in that particular ghost story. :p

    ReplyDelete