"The glacier knocks in the cupboard, The desert sighs in the bed, And the crack in the teacup opens A lane to the land of the dead."

-W.H. Auden

Monday, October 12, 2015

The Secret Files of Victoria Phantasmagoria

Some people say (well, Malcolm Gladwell says, in Blink) that you can learn as much about a person by staring at their bedroom for 10 minutes as you could by knowing them for months.

I don't doubt this, actually, based on the idea that a person's bedroom is a private place, shared with only a chosen few.

It occurred to me to wonder if something similar could be judged by the contents of one's computer picture files. At the very least it would tell you about a person's interests and tastes, their hopes and dreams, much faster and perhaps more accurately than they themselves could.

With this in mind, I took a look at my own files:












Well, I suppose that about sums it up...

No comments:

Post a Comment