"The glacier knocks in the cupboard, The desert sighs in the bed, And the crack in the teacup opens A lane to the land of the dead."

-W.H. Auden

Saturday, December 31, 2016

New Year's Eve

It's the end of the year, a very difficult one for many. The year to come is met with trepidation. What can we do but continue to hope and work toward the best? Fatalism is tempting, but offers no solution. This isn't the time to let each other down.

This year hasn't been so bad for me, personally. Judging by my posting habits, I've managed to post here more than any other year (and would have done more if my computer hadn't chucked it). It's been about 16 months since I began regularly using brainwave entrainment to treat my anxiety and depression, and am sure this is the reason. 

No, I'm not cured, nor "normal" by any means, but it's a major improvement, and for that I am grateful. 

As it is, I'm going to keep chugging on, keep up with my unconventional therapies, get a new computer, hold to my responsibilities and work up the bravery to be a help to my fellow man.

With luck, we will survive living in these interesting times.

Happy New Year.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to know 2016 was not unrelieved horror for everyone! Stay strong and let's hear it for therapies that work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Peni, and good luck to you in the coming year.

      Delete