"The glacier knocks in the cupboard, The desert sighs in the bed, And the crack in the teacup opens A lane to the land of the dead."

-W.H. Auden

Saturday, January 5, 2019

Last Night I Dreamt Of A Man...

He had a young girl who worked for him, and every night he had her carry a burning coal from one room to another in a little silver box. She did as she was told, but what she didn't know was that this was part of a love spell he was casting on her, and therefore she was helping to cast a spell on herself.

Very intriguing.

I'm put in the mind of another dream I had years ago in Victoria, about a local minister who had a box of fire buried beneath his church. No one else knew it was there, except the minister (and me, the dreamer, of course.) I could see it there, burning underground in its little silver chest.

I don't know the connection - or at least not yet. I have the feeling I will one day, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment