"The glacier knocks in the cupboard, The desert sighs in the bed, And the crack in the teacup opens A lane to the land of the dead."

-W.H. Auden

Monday, February 17, 2020

Secrets

Last summer, I mentioned here my long recurring dream of mailing tiny letters to tiny mailboxes in hidden locations around town. I've never known what it meant, but as it happened, I was buying Valentine cards for my son's class when I came upon just such a mailbox, and what's more, these tiny envelopes with slips of paper inside them. They are very tiny indeed (see dime for scale) much like the ones I'd dreamed of.

Did I immediately hatch a plan to write secret messages inside and sneakily conceal them around town? Of course I did. Am I going to tell you what they were? No way.

Some secrets can only be revealed by the whims of serendipity.

No comments:

Post a Comment