"The glacier knocks in the cupboard, The desert sighs in the bed, And the crack in the teacup opens A lane to the land of the dead."

-W.H. Auden

Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Conjunction


Solstice night, 2020. Along with many other amateur astronomers, I was peering into the western sky, waiting for the planets to appear.

Like the solstice itself and many other things, the conjunction proper had happened earlier that day, out of sight, but not out of mind. In the distance, I felt the last 20 years slip away. The cycle begins again, a little lighter this time. 

I breathe easier, without the weight. I don't know what changes the future holds, only that it holds something I can feel out there ahead of me. 

In the meantime I will watch the patterns, the planets, the stars in the sky, and hope against hope for  happy alignments and the blessings of fate

(And maybe - if I'm lucky - the peace of mind to do a little more blogging next year.)

No comments:

Post a Comment