"The glacier knocks in the cupboard, The desert sighs in the bed, And the crack in the teacup opens A lane to the land of the dead."

-W.H. Auden

Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Dale, The Nervous Psychic

Last Sunday, I fell asleep and dreamed that Dale - the manager of the corner store who I've mentioned here - went into business calling himself "The Nervous Psychic" and was a great success. He even had a pink neon sign over his front door, like the one above.

The dream made me laugh, not the least because Dale is, indeed, very nervous and very psychic. It's one of the things we have in common.

But the dream also made me laugh because it was just happy, a very, very good dream.It's hard to say why it was this way, but since I don't have very many good dreams, the special ones stand out.

Something about the pink neon sign flickering in the night. A good omen.

In the way of dreams, a warm light in the winter cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment