"The glacier knocks in the cupboard, The desert sighs in the bed, And the crack in the teacup opens A lane to the land of the dead."

-W.H. Auden

Saturday, December 28, 2019

Midnight, Again

Somewhat inspired by Karissa Lang, I spent Friday midnight out by my altar rock, trying to think of something to say to the voice recording system on my computer. I had been thinking of trying this, but knowing that I would struggle to be even remotely natural or interesting, I put it off. However, listening to Karissa gave me a little push. I mean, I could sit around envying people who do things, or I could at least make an effort to do things, too.

Even if it sucks. Which it does. But no matter. Here's a little snippet of my midnight rambling. Just a snippet, because even though I'm making an effort not to demand perfection from myself, I'm not going to pretend anyone could stand more of my voice than that, either.

Listen here

(Sorry for nearly stage whispering though most of this, but it really was quiet outside, and I didn't want to disturb anything.)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Victoria, I can't access the Google drive. It might be that the permissions are wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Uair. Thanks for letting me know about the problem. I had to change it to a link after resetting the permissions, but hopefully it works now. :)

      Delete
    2. Great! Thanks for reading my blog Uair. :)

      Delete