"The glacier knocks in the cupboard, The desert sighs in the bed, And the crack in the teacup opens A lane to the land of the dead."

-W.H. Auden

Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Pyromancy

I'd used the candle more than a few times; just a white candle, given to me by a friend. Nothing special about it, outside of the handmade label. 

As it happened though, night before last, I'd decided to do a candle spell - just a small one, in hopes of a little boost. I didn't add anything, just a petition paper to place underneath. 

The candle burst into roaring flames, spiraling so high and fast I thought the glass would break. It spooked me. Something wasn't right. But before I put it out, I set it some distance away on the patio, grabbed my camera and said "show me what's causing this to happen" Then I took this picture.

Can you see her? 

No comments:

Post a Comment